How Can We Help?
Installing Your Acrylic Board
•What you’ll need:
Power Drill with 3/16th Bit
Standard Size #2 Phillips Screwdriver
Pencil or Pen
1. Your acrylic has 2 layers of protection. 1st is the clear stretch film wrapped around the entire board. 2nd is the protective film adhered to the acrylic itself.
(If you purchased a board with print the protective film will only be on the front side. If you purchase a blank board the protective film will be on the front and back.)
Remove just the clear stretch film from your board. Leave the protective film on for now. Once the stretch wrap is removed, if your board has a printed design this will now be exposed. Please proceed with care to avoid damaging your design or scratching the acrylic.
2. Find the area on your wall you would like to display. Once placed, use the holes in the board where the hardware will go to mark your wall. (IMPORTANT: WHEN USING YOUR BOARD TO MARK YOUR WALL NEVER PLACED THE EXPOSED ACRYLIC SIDE AGAINST THE WALL. ALWAYS USE THE SIDE WITH THE PROTECTIVE FILM TO PRESS AGAINST YOUR WALL. THE EXPOSED ACRYLIC AND INK SHOULD NEVER BE PRESSED AGAINST ANY SURFACE, THIS WOULD RISK DAMAGING THE INK OR SCRATCHING YOUR ACRYLIC BOARD.)
3. Using the power drill with 3/16th bit, drill a hole into each mark made in the previous step.
4. Carefully push the white anchor into each of the holes.
5. Unpack your 4 standoffs. Each standoff is made of two pieces , unscrew them from each other.
6. Slip the screw into the base (female) portion of the standoff as shown in the photo above.
7. Using your screwdriver, install each screw into each anchor so the base of the standoff is now installed on the wall. During this process be very careful not to damage the threads on the inside of the standoff base. Continue installing the remainder of the standoffs. If you ordered a blank acrylic board please remove the protective film from just the backside at this point. If you ordered a board with print just proceed to the next step.
8. Align the acrylic board with standoff bases you previous installed. Screw the top (male) piece of each standoff through the acrylic and into the base (female) of the standoffs.
9. DRUM ROLL PLEASE… Now your board is ready for the final step and the big reveal, yay! Remove the protective film from the front side of your acrylic. Click Here if you’d like to watch a video on removing the film.